Job Code 10667 Job Family: Child Program Job Sub-Family Partnership Position Title: Partnership Facilitator I Level: P1 Grade 5
This entry-level professional assists with interacting with the local church to build capacity and resources of local church partners to minister to children and youth in their own context. This facilitator is responsible for supporting relationships with church partners in a way that fosters mutual respect, trust, and service that builds up church ministry. At this level the incumbent may still be learning and assisting with moderately complex issues or projects for his or her assigned location and generally works under the guidance of her or his supervisor or a more experienced facilitator or as a team member on larger projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christlike attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to serve, respect, and empower the church according to principles outlined in Compassion’s ministry philosophies.
- Supports relationships with the pastor, church or project staff and other key stakeholders. Builds respect and trust with the church and community by living out Compassion’s cultural behaviors in every interaction.
- Serves as Compassion’s key liaison with the church by providing resources to existing church partners in ways that are consistent with a developmental mindset.
- Helps churches to identify and utilize local resources, services, and relationships as well as maximize their own resources to support the ministry to children and youth.
- Assists with work plans and activities to reflect individual church needs. Helps churches implement plans to best grow in capacity and maturity.
- Supports and encourages cluster level activities and resources. Fosters and connects relationships within the cluster for the purpose of improving ministry to children, peer-to-peer learning, and addressing other needs in the families and the community.
- Encourages the participation of parents, children and youth in all aspects of the ministry. Actively supports church involvement in the broader community as an agent of social transformation that promotes child development and child protection.
- Assists with the contextualization of child protection practices at church partners. Supports child protection investigations as necessary.
- Upholds Partnership Management strategic process objectives within the scope of own contributions. Uses metrics and feedback from the church to identify areas for self development and improvement.
- Coordinates with the appropriate administrative assistants as locally defined, and those in Program Support or Business Support who have responsibility for Compassion’s role in those deliverables to ensure quality and completion.
- May participate in partnership preparation and selection activities as guided by the country’s specific strategy.
- Utilizes growing knowledge in partnership practices to meet expressed needs at church partners and collaborates with appropriate functional specialists to apply solutions.
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
- The ability to build relationships and liaise with others both within and outside the organization, leading and participating in internal and external networks.
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal, in languages relevant to the country as well as English. Local language (Kabye, Ewe, Mina…) in addition will be for a great value.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning abilities as well as good knowledge of computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint…) are mandatory.
- The ability to develop positive and trusting intercultural and interdenominational relationships.
- Expressed understanding of the concept of mission especially the Mission of God or expressed desire to engage with it and serve according to its principles.
- Understanding the developmental concepts of sustainability, local and stakeholder’s ownership and how it links with the Mission of God.
- Capacity to relate and interact with Church leaders in mutual respectful and appreciation of each one’s ministry with missiologically awareness and sound way.
- Perfect knowledge of Moba language will be an added value
Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Accounting/Finance/Project Management, Local resources Management, Agronomy, Law or related field.
Three years minimum working Experience in project facilitation/management/ work with youth/ in entrepreneurship or similar position or field.
Licenses and Certifications Driving license category A & B is required
Documents for Applications Application Letter (letter addressed to the Human Resources Business Partner), Police record, Resume/CV, Recommendation from the Spiritual Leader, Simple copy of bachelor degree diploma or certificate or any relevant documents.
Every candidate interested in this position is requested to fill the form by using the below link: https://forms.gle/guXcF9fRGT8JzDLb7
Then send the requested document to the following address: 05 BP 387 Lomé – Togo before 12th November 2019 at 12h00 pm. NB: Any of the above listed document missing will lead to the application rejection
Rural Area (Dapaong or wherever in the country as decided by the employer)
Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day Travel Requirements May be required to travel up to 50% even more of the normal schedule
NB: Only the retained applicants will be contacted